Saturday, December 13, 2008

Who is Jack, and why is he out of the box?

My last post was too cryptic by half, I am afraid.  If I was to sum up what these first few posts have been about in three sentences or less, I would say;

I feel very strongly that the ascendence of Barack Obama to prominence is a good thing, because he rose to power on the rhetoric of change.  Change mind you, not from one policy to another, but from one way of looking at and choosing policy to another.  While the change he will bring may not be the change we want, or even the change he claimed to embody, the proof that this rhetoric will win political victories should fill encourage the social conservatives among us; for what other politcal movement can claim to want to change things as much as we do?

There it is, summed up in a nutshell.  More later, and on other topics

No comments: